Guide to Safe Communities
Ingersoll Rand understands multi-family security.
The residents of your multi-family community demand a good location, convenience, great design and superior security for themselves and their family. Ingersoll Rand can help you deliver effective, streamlined and reliable safety and security at every access point in your community.With more than 100 years of experience in creating safe and secure environments, we offer knowledgeable service, superior products and comprehensive planning that fits your needs.
- Thorough planning for security, access control and crisis management.
- Security for the environment with high performing products from Schlage, Von Duprin and LCN.
- Influencing traffic patterns through access management.
- Specification of proper hardware for each opening, and its use and traffic flow.
- Key control that is easy to manage and protects the property’s security.
Smart solutions for the most common security issues in multi-family communities.
||Smart Solutions |
|Inappropriate access by residents or staff
||Minimize staff access to private units common areas |
|Use electronic access control systems with an audit trail |
|Maintenance not up-to-date
||Install premium grade hardware that can perform reliably with less maintenance |
|Unauthorized access by outsiders
||Create a single point of entry for non-residents |
|Keep the main entrance locked so that permission to enter and exit must be authorized |
|Control parking areas with gates |
|Install a CCTV system or an electronic lock with an intercom that allows visitors to be screened before entry |
|Man-made threats and forces of nature
||Install fire-rated door hardware. |
|Install hurricane- or tornado-rated hardware where appropriate. |
|Choose access control systems that provide an audit trail of users. |